top of page


Citizenship and Immigration Canada (CIC) offers young people from around the world the opportunity to work in Canada for up to two years, in any Canadian province and for any Canadian employer. The Working Holiday Program does not require a job offer to qualify.

Depending on which country, each agreement is separate and may have different criteria and conditions from another participating country.

The following countries who can participate in the IEC include,

Australia, Austria, Belgium, Chile, Costa Rica, Croatia, Czech Republic, Denmark, Estonia, France, Germany, Greece, Hong Kong, Italy, Ireland, Japan, South Korea, Latvia Lithuania, Luxembourg, Mexico, Netherlands, New Zealand, Norway, Poland, Portugal, San Marino, Slovakia, Slovenia, Spain, Sweden, Switzerland, Taiwan, Ukraine, United Kingdom.

Young professionals program

This program allows individuals to gain professional experience in the occupation. This program requires a job offer from a Canadian employer, however this job offer is LMIA exempt, which means that the employer is not required to obtain a Labour market impact assessment in order to provide this job offer. Duration of this program is dependent on the agreement between the country of nationality in Canada.

International coop program

This program allow students who have a job offer from a Canadian employer, to complete their internship in Canada as part of their educational program from the country of nationality. The duration of the work permit is for 6 months for all countries.

To be eligible for the Working Holiday Visa Canada, you will need to:

    • Be between the ages of 18 and 30 inclusive on the date the application is received (note that some countries have an age limit of 35);

    • Hold a valid passport;

    • Possess sufficient funds to cover expenses for the first 3 months of your Working Holiday Visa for Canada (CAD $2,500);

    • Have comprehensive insurance coverage (health care/hospitalization/repatriation) valid for the duration of your WHV. Proof of this insurance coverage must be presented to Immigration officials upon arrival;

    • Be a citizen of and resident in one of the countries that has signed to a Working Holiday Visa agreement with Canada.

bottom of page